ads, ad_networks, api, architecture, bigdata, Blogging, blogging, bs, citygrid, citysearch, conferences, content, cs, developers, evangelist, Events, events, innovation, insiderpages, java, local, meetups, merchants, mobile, mosolo, ms, neighborhoods, Open Source, open source, phd, Presentations, products, python, Recommended, ruby, social, solomo, speaking, spokesperson, tools, training, travel, tutorials, urbanspoon, web
Developer Evangelist position
Can you evangelize products for one of the largest local ad networks? Do you have an infectious enthusiasm for technology and mobile and web development?
CityGrid Media is an online media company that connects mobile and web publishers with local businesses by linking them through CityGrid®, its local content and advertising network. CityGrid Media owns and operates leading local consumer properties including Urbanspoon, Citysearch, and Insider Pages.
More local data and content for all. New local ads for everyone. And better performance all around. And it’s free. Our #1 goal is to see developers of all sizes thrive in local. We help developers give their local audience a better experience and get paid to do it. The CityGrid® network APIs give developers access to premium local content including user reviews, editorial content, merchant messages & more, across 75K neighborhoods nationwide.
We are looking for a Developer Evangelist to be the spokesperson, mediator and translator between the development community and our company; and facilitate the proliferation of our APIs through code tutorials, workshops, blogging, public speaking, training, and social events like MeetUps.
Our ideal evangelist will have experience with:
- hands on development with Java, Ruby, Python or other open source languages
- architecture and implementations utilizing APIs
- open source community through blogging or contributions
- involvement with conferences, MeetUps, and other social web coverage
- experimentation with new development languages, architectures, and tools
Additional qualifications include:
- B.S. in Computer Science (M.S. or Ph.D is highly desired)
- a true passion of innovation and open source technologies
- a willingness to be the “go to person” for a development community
- ability to give technical presentations, manage MeetUp groups and online forums
- 10+ years of software engineering experience + development utilizing Big Data tools
- willingness to travel 20% – 40% of the time
If you can carry the flag for our data products to the development community, we want to hear from you today!
CityGrid Media is an equal opportunity employer.
From → Uncategorized