A few weeks ago I wrote about the announcement of the merger of the eBay, PayPal, and Magento developer platforms and communities under the X.commerce banner. I followed that up with a post on eBay resources to help PayPal X community members get up to speed with eBay development.
Now that Magento’s officially a part of the X.commerce family, I think it’s time to share some resources to help everybody learn about Magento’s ecommerce solutions.
Here are some of the top level sites and information you should check out as you dive into Magento:
- First, you may need information on what the Magento ecommerce platform enables. Go to the Magento “Features” page for answers including a video introducing you to the Enterprise Edition’s features. This page also links to information comparing the three editions (from the free, open source Community Edition up through the Enterprise Edition) and their pricing.
- The Magento wiki contains links for detailed information on store setup as well as articles targeted both at designers and at developers. I highly recommend spending some time reading through this material as you familiarize yourself with the system and how to use it.
- The Magento forum is the place to go to get answers to any questions you don’t see addressed in the high level product FAQ or elsewhere on the Magento site.
- Subscribe to the Magento blog for the latest official information. Click here for the feed.
- Get social with Magento via their @magento Twitter feed and Facebook page.
Click here to read the complete post on the PayPal X Developer Network and leave your own questions or Magento resource suggestions for other community members.