Senior Web Developer position
SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, testing, enhancing and maintaining Java/J2EE applications. This role will participate in the design, development and test phases of the application development lifecycle. This is a technical role which requires object-oriented programming skills, understanding of J2EE application architecture, XML and Web application security.
- Develop, test, debug and document web based Java/J2EE applications in accordance with system architecture requirements.
- Apply industry standard object-oriented programming best practices and J2EE design patterns.
- Plan, initiate and conduct unit testing of applications as well as facilitate system testing.
- Support and troubleshoot production applications.
- Understand system performance associated with the introduction of new technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills; find solid solutions to complex problems quickly.
- As a part of a project team, share technical and product knowledge with other team members.
- Participate in technology/tools evaluation and software technical proof of concepts.
- Bachelors Degree in related field preferred, work experience may be substituted.
- Java certification preferred.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role preferably in a mid-size to large corporate environment.
- Experience with Web Content Management Systems (WCMS) a plus.
Skills and knowledge:
- Familiarity with J2EE design patterns, software architecture concepts and web application security.
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills and strong analytical and design skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret technical specifications, use case scenarios, test cases, and software requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database design and programming using Oracle 9i.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Please tell Nick I sent you if you’re interested.