Bill at JavaOne 2004
My plans for JavaOne include:
- Delivering ”Tips and Techniques for Advanced Java Technology Wireless Programming” technical session with co-speaker Srikanth Raju from Sun on Monday June 28th at 2:15PM in Moscone Center room Gateway 104
- Delivering ”J2ME Platform at Five: Where We’ve Been, and Where We’ll Be at Ten” BOF (also with Srikanth) on Tuesday June 29th at 9:30PM in Moscone Center room Gateway 104
- Attending as many of the other Nokia sessions as possible
- Hanging around the Nokia booth (1401) in the Pavilion in the afternoons to chat with attendees
As mentioned in my blog previously, I’d like your input on the topics we’ll be discussing at our BOF. Our agenda is:
- How Far We’ve Come: JavaOne 1999 versus 2004
- The First Five Years of J2ME Adoption
- J2ME Technology for the Next Five Years
- Predictions and Pontifications
- Resources & Discussion
with plenty of time after a few prepared slides for interactive discussion about where J2ME came from, and more importantly, where it’s headed.
And if you’ll be attending the BOF, please bring any and all J2ME devices you can muster. We’d like to have as wide a sample as possible from the “first five years” and I’ll do my best to give everyone a sneak peak of at least one very hot upcoming J2ME device from the “next five years”, too.
Hope to see many of you in San Francisco this week and even if you can’t make it in person watch BillDay.com for as many onsite blog updates as I can manage.